Tomorrow is the opening day for Cleveland ConCoction 2015. I’ll be there doing a number of panels, so I wanted to share my schedule here. Check it out!
- 7 to 8pm – I’ll be signing copies of my book The Horrible Plan of Horace Pickle at the Author’s Alley (in the Lyra Room)
- 8 to 9pm – I’ll be joining the panel for Darkness & Light “Fiction needs more than relentless grim-dark, and more than sparkly unicorn rainbows, in order to work well.” Taking place in the Orion Room.
- 9 to 10pm – I’ll be joining another panel, Why Space Matters: The Human Drive to Explore the Universe “A discussion of why we need to explore the solar system, whether with robots, humans, or a blend.” Taking place in the Gemini Room.
- 10 to 11pm – I’ll hosting a panel Crafting Villains Readers Love to Hate “Discover the keys to success experienced authors use to create the best of the worst.”
- 1 to 2pm – I’ll be joining the panel for There Are No Saints in Fiction “All fictional characters MUST have flaws; otherwise they are boring.” Taking place in the Pegasus Room.
- 2 to 3pm – I’ll be joining the panel for Mixing Genres “Using tropes from other genres (Romance, Horror, Mystery, etc.) in Fantasy and SF.” Taking place in the Pegasus Room.
- 6 to 7pm – I’ll be hosting the panel for The Heart of Steampunk “Explore concepts central to writing great Steampunk stories.” Taking place in the Gemini Room.
- 8 to 9pm – I’ll be joining the panel for Shaping the Short Story “A discussion of how to craft marketable short stories.” Taking place in the Pegasus Room.
- 9 to 10pm – I’ll be joining the panel for Humor in Sci-Fi/Fantasy “Dying is easy. Comedy is hard.” Taking place in the Pegasus Room.
- 12 to 1pm – I’m hosting the 4th Author’s Showcase taking place in the Gemini Room.
- 1 to 2pm – I’ll be hosting the panel for Multi-Format Storytelling with Social Media “Discuss the use of social media and other formats for new ways of storytelling and engaging an audience.” Taking place in the Gemini Room.